sábado, 8 de agosto de 2015

Conectivos textuais (Words of connection)

Hi! Good afternoon!
How are you?

I will to write a little about "words of connection".
Actually, I had doubts and yesterday I read an amazing text on web explaining about this subject.

Vamos solucionar as nossas dúvidas!

For this reason, I selected some of these words to we learn here.
You can read the complete lesson on this page: http://www.sk.com.br/sk-conn.html


- CONECTIVOS TEXTUAIS -


1 - Conclusão (Inference / Conclusion)

portanto = therefore; so
por essa razão = for this reason
então = so

Exemplos:
a) Você nasceu e mora no Japão. Portanto, você não é um brasileiro.
    (You were born in and live in Japan. Therefore, you aren't a Brazilian.)

b) Acho que sua ideia não é boa, então ela deve ser rejeitada.
    (I think your idea is not good, so it must be rejected.)

c) - Eu tenho medo de aranhas! (- I am afraid of spiders!)
    - Por essa razão, eu não te convidei para ir naquela caverna com a gente. (For this reason, I did not invite you to go to that cave with us.)




2 - Certeza (Assurance)

com certeza = of course ; for sure ; definitely
claro que (sim / não) = of course (yes / not)
sem dúvida = whithout a doubt

Exemplos:
a) Com certeza você será o vencedor!
    (Definitely you will be the winner!)

b) Jussara, sem dúvida, é a pessoa mais inteligente da escola.
    (Jussara, without a doubt, is the most intelligent person of the school.)

c) - Você gosta de mim? (- Do you like me?)
    - Claro que sim! (- Of course yes!)

d) - Ricardo traiu a namorada? (- Ricardo cheated on his girlfriend?)
    - Claro que não! (- Of course not!)


correr atrás de alguém = to chase after somebody
correr atrás de alguém = to run after somebody 



3 - Enfraquecedores (Weakeners)

que eu saiba = as far as I know;
na minha opinião = in my view; in my opinion
se eu não me engano (se não me engano) = if I'm not wrong
se eu me lembro bem (se me lembro bem) = if I remember well

Exemplos:
a) Que eu saiba, o Murilo ainda está desempregado.
    (As far as I know, Murilo is still unemployed.)

b) Na minha opinião, você não deve ir à festa. Já é muito tarde!
    (In my opinion, you should not go to the party. It's already too late!)

c) - Você sabe quando será a aula de Biologia Molecular?
     (- Do you know when will be the Molecular Biology class?)
    - Se não me engano, a aula será na quarta-feira às 14:00.
       (If I'm not wrong, the class will be on Wednesday at 14:00.)

d) Uai! Se eu me lembro bem, você não gostava dela! E agora vocês dois estão noivos?
    (Gee! If I remember well, you did not like her. And now are you both engaged?)

e) Bem... que eu saiba, Carlos está endividado.
    (Well... as far as I know, Carlos is deep in debt.)

f) Na minhão opinião, você precisa comprar um carro novo.
    (In my view, you need to buy a new car.)




4 - Desconsiderando (Dimissal)

de qualquer forma / de todo modo / de toda forma = anyway;
seja qual for o motivo = whatever the case may be

Exemplos:
a) Eles não estão mais conversando. Seja qual for o motivo, eu continuo sendo amigo de ambos.
    (They haven't been talking to each other. Whatever the case may be, I continue being friend with they both.)

b) - Eles se divorciaram enquanto eu viajava. Se eu estivesse em casa, eu poderia...
       (- They've divorcied while I was traveling. If I had been at my home, I could... )
    -  Não! De qualquer forma, eles ainda se divorciariam... porque não existia mais amor!
       (No! Anyway, they still get  divorced... because the love wasn't there anymore!)

c) - Não importa se você estava feliz e empolgado. De todo modo, você perdeu a disputa.
     (- It doesn't matter if you were happy and excited. Anyway, you lost the challenge.)





My source (thank you so much!):
Schütz, Ricardo E. "Words of Connection (Conectivos)". English Made in Brazil. <http://www.sk.com.br/sk-conn.html>. Online. 02 de agosto de 2015.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...